Thursday, December 15, 2005

Painting!

I've been busy getting myself integrated back to Singapore. So u can count on me eating... sleeping in.. spending time with my family, kids sitting my sis's children, going to Melaka(part of Malaysia) to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Baha'i Faith there, meeting up with some ex BWC staff members coming through Singapore, going to 19 day feasts and firesides etc.

And today, I have been painting all afternoon with some help by my nephews and my mom too :) We had a good time painting the room I have been using since I came back. I had to scrape off the old paint for some parts that were peeling yesterday and patched up the holes to make it ready for painting today. And at one point it started raining and there was a rainbow outside our kitchen window. Not sure if u can see it in the photo above.

It was hard work! Here are some pictures to show the difference :) But I'm sooooooo exhausted now that I'm sore all over!!To think that it was only one room i did?! Imagine someone's job to do this full time .. gees! I really take my hat off painters for homes!

I will be going away this Friday for about a week to Penang, Malaysia to visit relatives. It also happened that one of my paternal uncles had a heart attack a few days ago so that makes this visit all the more necessary.

2 comments:

sweec said...

cool! green walls!
Sorry to hear about your uncle... hope he's ok now....
Enjoy food in penang... ahhh.... chee cheong fun. yum!

faraz said...

yes ming, i'm sorry to hear about your uncle too. i hope everything is ok and that the healing is quick! good to see you're getting integrated in the community life once more! take care!

New Zealand Time and the World Clock