Thursday, October 20, 2016

Spring 2016

It's been a while since I last posted something on this blog... Somehow I feel that keeping this blog alive keeps some of the friendships that I've had in my journey alive even though I don't get to talk to my friends or catch up in person...

All of us have moved on since 2005 when this blog was born. Some have gotten married, some with children, some still single, some still searching for meaning in life, some have passed away...

Just slightly over 3 weeks ago, I lost a very dear friend. His name is Samir Poorekhorsandi. He left behind his young wife and 2 daughters, 5 and 3 years old. His sudden death brought much shock and grief to many of us. I can only say how much I am going to miss his presence in our lives. Attending his funeral only attested to the number of lives he touched in his 40 years of being on this earthly plane. It is a sad reminder to all of us how fragile life can be and how much we ought to lead our lives - lives full of joy and service to humanity.

I wish all my friends out there the very best that life can bring and hope that everyone seizes the day and makes the best of it so that we can "let each morning be better than each eve and each morrow richer than its yesterday" quoting the Baha'i scriptures.

My father turns 70 this Friday and my kids are 6yrs, 4yrs and 19 months old. It is crazy how fast time flies... It was so nice having my parents visit me this year in June-August. And it has been great support to our family when my father in law arrived just as mom was returning back to Singapore.

It feels nice knowing that my younger sister moved closer to New Zealand and that she is not as far away as she used to... I do hope we will be blessed to have more moments together with the whole family in the future.

Some pictures of the family in past months are below:




1 comment:

sufistiblog said...

Lovely photos Ming!
Love, Lynette

New Zealand Time and the World Clock