It has been almost 3 months since my last post. Apologies to those who check out this blog ;) It's been a pretty busy time for me. We were in Singapore for 2 weeks in early November. We were "lucky" enough for ziad to catch the Hand Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD) just before flying so we ended up being confined to my mom's home and the hotel for most of the trip.
It was pretty testing as I had hoped to spend more time with my sister's new baby in Singapore and also meet up with some of my ex colleageus and their new babies that were born a few months back. Thus is life... we plan but things don't always go as planned. Apologies to all those that we didnt get to meet due to ziad's sickness and we hope to see you some time in the future. The good thing I guess is that we had a lot of family bonding time with parents who miss my little one a lot and that's precious since we are not sure how soon we will be back in Singapore.
I enjoyed most of the food as planned however did not get to eat steamboat so I will try to have one orgnised here in Auckland when Chinese New Year comes in less than a month! ;)
Just short of 2 weeks ago, I had my sister's family visit us, along with Grandma which made this trip special as she may not be travelling here too soon. ziad loved having his cousins here; playing and laughing and singing etc. Some photos will be attached below or the next post of these moments.
They just left this morning and that created a huge silence in the house suddenly. Fortunately, in the afternoon, a neighbor and a close friend dropped by with their daughters and ziad had playmates again! hooray...
So this year has been filled with preparing for the big move to New zealand, our family's first pilgrimage, finding a home, ziad's first birthday - that includes his many firsts (words, skills), meeting up with some very dear friends, our first visitors... its been quite an interesting one! I'm so thankful for all this!
It's just about an hour before midnight arrives and its the new year! I guess I hope this coming year will be filled with lots of happy and inspiring moments for everyone out there and may the world be a better place!
HAPPY 2012 everyone!
 |
| With Grandma and a PC cap! :) |
 |
| Mr cool... |
 |
| Hanging out with cousin on a road trip |
 |
| Visitors!!! |
 |
| At the Mount Eden crater with family |
 |
| Catching up with lovely friends in Singapore |
 |
| Blessings to catch up with old friends from overseas too! |
1 comment:
Thanks for the updates! Looks like you are all settling in nicely in New Zealand. Enjoy, and happy new year!
Post a Comment