Wednesday, October 05, 2011

September came and went...

Wow.. time flies really fast when you are a parent. I just realized that I missed a post in September! I try to post at least once a month but it looks like its not the easiest to keep track of such things when you have a little busy bee ziad trying to get your attention every now and then. And when you have some time for yourself, its time to do some laundry, grab a bite or put your feet up! But hey, I am not complaining, its just a whole new lifestyle to get used to being a stay home mom and a whole lot of sacrifice that comes with that.

So what happened in September... Ah yes, there was the huge rugby hulabalu since the World Cup is held here and still happening ;) I haven't watched a proper game so far as it hasn't really grabbed my attention much. I watched an All Blacks game for like 30mins and then got bored. But there were definitely some really cute players hahhaha... Dan Carter being one of them. Anyways, Rugby is not quite my thing so that's that. Hamada and I managed to go on a nice dinner date with the help of our dear cousin Rasha who helped babysit Ziad for one night so we had a nice 2hour evening date. :) Quite something as our last date was in July when mom was still here with us and we went to catch the Harry Potter finale. Kudos to Rasha and mom!

And another wonderful thing is that our family just started a monthly devotional on 1st October and it shall be on the first Saturday of every month. We also made new friends with our neighbours and its starting to feel more homey. Hopefully we wont have to move out of here too soon. Unless of course we are able to purchase our own home. Moving homes is really not enjoyable at all and the less the better. ;p


So its now October and we are looking forward to our trip home to Singapore in November to meet our new nephew :))) It will be a short trip but I will enjoy it and get as much Singapore food as I can. I miss the Laksa, Yong Tau foo, Chicken Rice, Soups!!! yummy... Some pictures from September below...

Angel?? hahaha...

Our family with a traditional boat called Waka

1 of the Rugby World Cup Opening performing stages

Strolling with Baba near waterfront

Rugby World Cup Waterfront

Posing with a Spring Fairy

1 comment:

adekoay said...

he's getting so big so fast!

New Zealand Time and the World Clock