Thursday, August 04, 2011

Settling in Auckland

Having been here for over a month now, I guess I can say that we are slowly making our home a home. Groceries are pretty costly here and I miss my NTUC fairprice supermarket downstairs of my old place in Singapore. I'm looking out for 'specials' all the time to catch the right deals for food or house hold products to save some money here and there. 

Rainbow view from city
Sunset view from city
Cornwall park view
Roadview from home vicinity
 


Grandma and Zuzu with sheep
The winter cold has come back this week. We are again at 8 degrees tonight and I'm in 2 layers indoors even with the heaters.lol... welcome to new zealand... It's lovely having my parents here so I have some help and glorious food with Mum's cooking. Ziad also has more company than just mommy :p Am trying to post some photos of our recent month here in NZ. Hope they can be uploaded. Oh and yes the pictures show that the country has very scenic spots. Thats something I don't miss about singapore as its amazing how some of the views look here. Some day I hope everyone gets a chance to visit NZ.

All bundled up in city

Sheepland

Zuzu turned one and cousin Rasha made the awesome cake!

Cooooold in Devonport

Colour pencils time!

2 comments:

Aida said...

Happy 1 year birthday Ziad!! Much love from Tia Aida! Hope all the best for your family, my dear Mingsita.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ming! So happy to 'see' you. Glad you're making the most out of your stay and that your parents are helping you with settling in. Brr...8 degrees is cold. I suggest you try for 3 layers indoors and 6 outside, heehee. Nigel and I may be visiting NZ in November. Will keep you posted. xoxo Louise

New Zealand Time and the World Clock